Before starting my article, It would be better to mention that I am not going to discuss about how to implement and set up the Firebase push notifications here. I am going to discuss only push notification testing using Postman.
First, follow the below steps to set up Postman to send Firebase notifications.
- Enter https://fcm.googleapis.com/fcm/send URL and select POST method.
- Add Authorization and Content-Type headers.
- Authorization — key = “server key”
- Content-Type — application/json
(to find server key Go to your firebase console and select your Firebase Project, Click on Settings icon >Project Settings > Cloud Messaging > Server Key )
- Add the following as your Body
- Press Send button
After following these steps, you can send push notifications and find out whether the Firebase push notifications are working for you or not.